Pumpkin and cream cheese flavors highlight this tasty and moist pumpkin cream cheese loaf. The cream cheese filling adds a tangy twist to this family favorite.
As the leaves begin to turn brilliant shades of red, orange, and yellow, and the crisp autumn air fills our lungs, it’s undeniable that fall is upon us. And what better way to embrace this cozy season than with a warm slice of homemade of this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Loaf? This delightful pumpkin bread, with a decadent cream cheese swirl, is the epitome of fall comfort food – it’s like a pumpkin cheesecake bread.
Pumpkin is the undisputed star of the fall season. Its earthy, slightly sweet flavor and vibrant orange hue make it the ideal ingredient for a wide range of autumn-inspired dishes. Pumpkin pies and lattes are classics, but there’s something uniquely comforting about a slice of pumpkin bread, especially when it’s taken up a notch with a swirl of rich cream cheese. For this recipe I took my classic pumpkin bread (that my family LOVES) and kicked it up a notch.
- pumpkin puree
- baking powder
- baking soda
- cream cheese
Why Pumpkin Cream Cheese Loaf?
The beauty of this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread lies not only in its flavor but also in its simplicity. Here’s why it’s the perfect fall treat:
- A Fusion of Flavors: The combination of the moist, pumpkin bread with all the spices and the creamy, tangy cream cheese creates a harmonious blend of flavors that your taste buds will love.
- Texture Play: While the pumpkin bread is soft and tender, the cream cheese adds a delightful contrast with its smooth, slightly firmer texture.
- Visual Appeal: The swirl of cream cheese throughout the bread not only adds flavor but also makes the loaf visually stunning.
- Versatile Enjoyment: Whether you enjoy it for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee, as an afternoon snack, or as a dessert, this loaf can be savored at any time of day.
Now, let’s dive into the recipe so you can experience this delightful cream cheese pumpkin bread recipe in your own kitchen.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Loaf
- 9 inch loaf pan
- 1 cup pumpkin puree canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup melted butter or vegetable oil or canola oil
- ½ cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cloves
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350℉. Spray your loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In your mixer on low speed, combine the pumpkin, sugar, water, melted butter, and eggs. Beat until well mixed.
- Sift the the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and ground cloves into separate bowl, then whisk until combined.
- Turn the mixer onto low. Slowly pour the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, beating until smooth.
Cream Cheese Filling
- In a medium bowl add the softened cream cheese, sugar, egg, and flour.
- Beat together until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Pour a little less than ½ of the pumpkin batter into the prepared loaf pan. Then add 4-5 heaping teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture on top.
- Add another layer of pumpkin batter, then the rest of the cream cheese filling.
- Finally add the remaining pumpkin bread batter. Then take a butter knife and insert the knife to almost the bottom of the loaf pan and swirl the knife through the batter. I went in a "S" pattern from one side to the other and then back.
- Then bake the bread for 60 – 75 minutes until the center is set and you can insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean.
- Let the bread sit in the pan for 15 minutes before turning out and letting it cool on a wire rack.