For me some of the most ultimate comfort foods come from breakfast recipes. Don’t get me wrong, I love a comforting pasta dish, anything with melted cheese or some hearty soup… but breakfast foods have my heart. These Pumpkin Spice Pancakes that are made with Greek yogurt topped with a Cream Cheese Maple icing and they are just are delicious! Like be-still-my-heart delicious and perfect on a chilly fall morning!
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
I adore pumpkin recipes, in fact, you’ll find a ton on my site. I love that this has Greek yogurt (extra protein is good). Of course, lavished with the cream cheese maple icing it’s almost like a dessert, but they are delicious without the icing too.
I think you and your family will love them too!
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes with Cream Cheese Maple Icing
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- maple syrup
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, baking powder, sugar, salt.
- In another bowl whisk together oil, eggs, vanilla, yogurt, milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Heat a griddle for a few minutes over medium high heat until it's hot. Use a ladle to spoon the batter onto the griddle. Cook a few minutes on each side till nicely browned.
- In a mixer cream the cream cheese until soft and smooth. Drizzle in syrup until you have the consistency you want. You can make it as thick or thin as you like.
Don’t you want a bite?
I’ve teamed up with some amazing other bloggers to bring you guys some amazing comfort foods… both sweet and savory… so make sure to check them out below!
Domestically Speaking pumpkin spice pancakes
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia alfredo pasta bake
Cupcakes and Crinoline crockpot chicken and dumplings
Clean and Scentsible cheesy vegetable chowder
Setting for Four easy apple cake
Yesterday on Tuesday french onion soup
Redhead Can Decorate butterscotch brownies
Unskinny Boppy Alabama pot roast
Nibbles By Nic apple pie french toast
Restoration Redoux chocolate chip cheesecake dip
Cottage at the Crossroads mom’s pot roast
What Meegan Makes apple crisp
Here’s some other great pumpkin recipes you might want to check out…
Thanks for stopping by…