This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mondelēz International Group. All opinions are entirely my own. Oh how I love Chocolate and Strawberries! They just pair so beautifully together, don’t you think? It was my birthday a few weeks ago and my sweet girls, knowing my love of this combo, made this delicious RITZ Cracker Chocolate Mousse and Strawberries treat.
RITZ Cracker Chocolate Mousse and Strawberries
I love that my girls share my love for creating, baking and cooking. It’s so fun to see them as they grow up learning more and improving on their skills. It is so nice too on the days when my work to-do list is way too long, to ask one of them to prep and cook dinner and to see what a beautiful job they can do. Every mom needs a break and what is a better break than something that involves chocolate and strawberries that you didn’t have to make?
Over the weekend we stopped at our local Ralphs and picked up RITZ Crackers and the other ingredients to make this special treat. I love shopping at Ralphs for all our groceries, and I especially love the produce, the strawberries and mint looked amazing. You can find RITZ Crackers at other stores such as Kroger, Fred Meyer and Food 4 Less.
Here’s the recipe my girls used:
Perfect appetizer or snack. Butter crackers topped with a chocolate mousse, strawberry slice and mint.
- 2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate melted
- 1 1/2 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- 24 RITZ Crackers
- 12 strawberries sliced
- 24 small fresh mint leaves
- chocolate bar
- Melt your baking chocolate according to the package.
- Place 1/2 cup of the thawed whipped topping in a bowl.
- Add the melted chocolate to the whipped topping and whisk. Add the remaining whipped topping.
- Add the chocolate topping to a pastry bag (you can use a ziplock bag and snip a corner)
- Add chocolate topping to each RITZ Cracker.
- Add a slice or 2 of strawberries to the chocolate topping on each RITZ Cracker.
- Add a small mint leaf to each appetizer.
- Take a vegetable peeler and create chocolate shavings with the chocolate bar. Add to the tops of each appetizer.
Oh my deliciousness!!! It is a bite of heaven – with the buttery crunch of the RITZ Cracker… topped with the chocolate mousse that is full of chocolate flavor… topped with a fresh strawberry from Ralphs and then you get that burst of mint. It is perfection in a mini appetizing treat.
These would be perfect for a special occasion such as a bridal shower or baby shower… and yet they are just as perfect for an anytime treat. They were delicious for a birthday treat like my girls gave to me. For all my fellow strawberry chocolate lovers this is a must try recipe. You can also find lots of other great recipes using RITZ Crackers at www.familyritzpiration.com.