Cadbury Egg Cookie Recipe
This delicious Cadbury Egg Cookie Recipe is one of my favorites! I have a deep love for Cadbury Eggs… like I have to make sure I don’t take the grocery cart down the Easter candy aisle or somehow they will end up in my cart! They are definitely one of my top Easter candies.
Cadbury Egg Cookie Ingredients
Here are the supplies you need to make these delicious Easter treats.
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- cocoa powder
- powdered sugar
- hot water
- Cadbury Mini Eggs
Instructions for Easter Cookies
Sugar Cookie Instructions
In a stand mixer cream together your butter and sugar. Then add the egg and vanilla.
In a separate bowl mix your dry ingredients: all purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
Slowly add the flour mixture to the mixer until it’s combined.
Use a cookie scoop to get even amounts of dough. Roll into cookie dough balls and add the cookie dough to a prepared baking sheet.
Bake in a preheated oven. Remove and quickly press your thumb into the center to create an indentation. You can use a wooden spoon handle if you prefer.
Let the cookies cool on a cooling rack.
Chocolate Filling Instructions
Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl.
Add the cocoa, powdered sugar, vanilla, and hot water. Stir until combined.
Finishing the Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies
Spoon a teaspoon of the chocolate filling into the cookie indent, then add a mini Cadbury egg to the center of the chocolate.
Repeat until you’ve finished all the cookies. All the chocolate to set before serving or storing in a airtight container.
Now pair addictive Cadbury Eggs with an amazing cookie and you’ve got magic happening.
Who wouldn’t love a sugar cookie filled with a pool of chocolate and a delicious Cadbury Egg floating in the center.
Here’s this great Easter cookie recipe:
Cadbury Egg Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- 1 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 – 3 tbsp hot water
- 24 mini Cadbury eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a standing mixer, beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out some dough and roll dough into small balls.
- Place onto the cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes
- Remove from oven and quickly press thumb into the top of each cookie. A wood spoon handle works great too.
- Remove cookies from cookie sheet and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Melt butter in small mixing bowl in microwave.
- Mix in cocoa, powdered sugar, vanilla and hot water.
- Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the chocolate frosting into each thumbprint and top with a mini Cadbury egg.
I hope you get a chance to make these awesome cookies soon.
Here’s some other cookies you might like…
Oh my goodness! These look and sound scrumptious!! I stared at them for several minutes and my mouth is now watering. I’m keeping this recipe!
I hope you get a chance to make them soon Doris!