This delicious Cadbury Egg Cookie Recipe is one of my favorites! I have a deep love for Cadbury Eggs… like I have to make sure I don’t take the grocery cart down the Easter candy aisle or somehow they will end up in my cart! They are definitely one of my top Easter candies.
Cadbury Egg Cookie Recipe
Now pair addictive Cadbury Eggs with an amazing cookie and you’ve got magic happening.
Who wouldn’t love a sugar cookie filled with a pool of chocolate and a delicious Cadbury Egg floating in the center.
Here’s this great Easter cookie recipe:
Perfect Easter cookie - these Cadbury Egg Cookies are addictive! They have a sugar cookie base with a chocolate topping and finished with a mini Cadbury Egg.
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- 1 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 - 3 tbsp hot water
- 24 mini Cadbury eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a standing mixer, beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out some dough and roll dough into small balls.
- Place onto the cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes
- Remove from oven and quickly press thumb into the top of each cookie. A wood spoon handle works great too.
- Remove cookies from cookie sheet and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Melt butter in small mixing bowl in microwave.
- Mix in cocoa, powdered sugar, vanilla and hot water.
- Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the chocolate frosting into each thumbprint and top with a mini Cadbury egg.
I hope you get a chance to make these awesome cookies soon.
Here’s some other cookies you might like…