This Spicy Chicken Rub is a favorite for all the heat loving members in my family. My youngest daughter created this rub recipe and since then we’ve replicated it so many times. It’s not a super spicy flavor, more of a warm heat. So if you like a little bit a spice you can handle it.
Spicy Chicken Rub
This is the dry rub I use for baked chicken. I use it on chicken and thighs all the time.
It’s such an easy dry rub for chicken. I will usually triple this recipe and place it in a larger shaker bottle so it’s ready when I need it.
My family's favorite Spicy Chicken Rub! It's great on chicken thighs!
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chicken seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons Lawry's seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Stir until combined and store until ready to use.
You definitely could use it to make spicy chicken breasts though too. I’ve never used it on a smoker or the grill yet, but I bet it would be amazing!
To make these chicken thighs, I preheated the oven to 375 – sprinkled the chicken thighs liberally with the spicy rub and then baked for 1 hour. Such a great weeknight dinner for the family.