Pumpkin Snickerdoodles are the perfect fall-themed cookie for the season. Pumpkin, cinnamon and other flavors combine to make these perfect autumn treats.
If you love snickerdoodle cookies and you love pumpkin flavor then you will love these pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies. They are soft on the inside with a light crisp outside from the cinnamon sugar mixture coating making delicious pumpkin cookies.
- cream of tartar
- baking soda
- pumpkin puree
- vanilla extract
Make The Cookie Dough
I like to start with my wet ingredients. I put my unsalted butter and pumpkin puree in a mixer bowl. I just use canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling). If you don’t have a stand mixer a hand mixer will work too.
Then add the granulated sugar.
Turn on the stand mixer to low to start and then turn on medium for2-3 minutes until it is smooth. Then add the eggs and vanilla to the pumpkin mixture. Mix on low until combined.
In a large mixing bowl you will combine your dry ingredients. Add your flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
I like to use a sifter to make sure there are no lumps. If you don’t have a sifter you can use a whisk to use on the dry ingredients before adding them to the mixer.
Then turn the mixer back on to low and slowly add your flour mixture to the mixer bowl. Mix until combined.
Chill Dough Until Firm
Making these pumpkin snickerdoodles is definitely easier when the cookie dough has been chilled. I usually only chill 30 minutes, but you could definitely chill for a couple hours if you need to.
After the dough has chilled, you want to use a teaspoon to scoop some cookie dough and then roll dough balls. I made my cookies with a heaping teaspoon.
Roll In Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
In a small bowl you will combine the sugar and cinnamon to create a delicious cinnamon sugar topping to roll the dough balls into.
Drop the rolled cookie dough into the cinnamon sugar mixture and then place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Then bake in the oven. Your home is going to smell amazing with that pumpkin spice scent!
Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 3¼ cups flour all purpose
- 1½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup pumpkin canned pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie
- 1¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- In a mixer bowl combine your softened butter, pumpkin, and sugar.
- Mix on medium speed for 3-4 minutes until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer while it's on low. Mix until combined.
- Chill the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes up to 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combined the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl to create the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Scoop heaping teaspoon size scoops of the chilled cookie dough and roll them into balls.
- Drop the cookie dough balls into the cinnamon sugar mixture and roll them around until they are coated.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a wired rack to cool.