Almond Cherry Bar Cookies are delicious, moist, and chewy bars with one of my favorite combos… cherries and almonds! This is a spin on one of my grandma’s recipes for Almond Bars. Grandma’s Lemon Sour Cream Tarts and Grandma’s Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe have been a hit, so I figured, let’s try this one out.Jump to Recipe
How to Make Almond Cherry Bar Cookies
Add your eggs and sugar to a mixer bowl and beat well until light in color.
With the mixer on low, you’ll lowly drizzle in the melted butter.
Drizzle in the almond extract too.
Now it’s time to add the flour.
Mix until combined and then you’ll spread the batter into a greased pan.
Then use a knife to swirl the cherries into the batter.
After you’ve baked your bars you can finish with a simple drizzle of glaze and some sliced almonds.
Almond Cherry Bars
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter melted
- 3 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ can cherry pie filling
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp milk
- slliced almonds
- Prheat oven to 325°.
- In a mixer, mix together the eggs and sugar until combined and a nice, light yellow color.
- Slowly drizzle the melted butter into the mixer, while it's on low speed.
- Drizzle in the almond extact.
- Add the flour and mix until combined.
- Spread the batter into a greased pan. I used an 8"x10" pan.
- Spoon the cherry pie filling onto the top of the batter, using about 1/2 the can.
- Use a knife to swirl the cherry pie filling into the batter.
- Bake for 1 hr to 1 hr and 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until all lumps are gone. You want a thick drizzle. Add more powdered sugar or milk as needed to get the desired consistency.
- Use a fork to drizzle on top of cooled bar cookies. Add sliced almonds on top.