Today I’ve got a delicious pasta dish to share with you guys… Baked Penne Rigate Recipe. This recipe is easy to make and you can easily add to it various proteins of your choice… such as chicken or ground beef. If you love a pasta loaded with cheese than this one is for you! This is the perfect cheesy pasta dish for a busy weeknight dinner.
Baked Penne Rigate Recipe
Here are the supplies you’ll need to make this baked penne and cheese pasta dish!
- ricotta cheese
- parmesan cheese
- penne rigate
- pasta sauce
- salt and pepper
You boil the pasta, while you prep the cheese mixture.
With all those cheese varieties you know this has to be delicious.
Once the pasta is al dente you will put the drained pasta in the base of an oven-safe dish.
Then it’s time to layer the marinara sauce and cheese mixture.
I love that this recipe can be made in less than 30 minutes. Of course, loads of grated cheese makes it even better!
A great weeknight pasta dish loaded with delicious cheese and marinara sauce.
- 1/2 lb Penne Rigate Pasta
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Eggs
- 1 jar of Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Add your penne rigate to the boiling water. Cook as directed on the packaging for al dente.
- In a bowl combine the cheeses, eggs and salt and pepper.
When pasta is cooked place drained pasta in the base of a pan (heat safe). Pour 1/2 of the marinara sauce on top of pasta. Stir to combine.
- Scoop your cheese mixture on top of your pasta. Spread evenly. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Pull out from the oven and drizzle the remaining marinara sauce on top and then sprinkle with the 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Place back in the oven and bake another 5-10 minutes.
Pair this Baked Penne Rigate Recipe with a green salad and some French bread and you’ve got a complete meal the whole family will love.
Other pasta recipes you might love too!