This Fettuccine with Chicken is one of the pasta dishes my youngest daughter always helps me make. It’s a dinner you can put together in 20 minutes, making it perfect for a busy weeknight! My favorite part is the creamy garlic, basil and Parmesan cheese sauce… it’s so good!. I hope you enjoy this Fettuccine with Chicken in a Garlic, Basil and Parmesan Sauce recipe.
I’m always looking for recipes where leftover chicken can be used. I like to cook up a lot of chicken at the beginning of the week and add it into different recipes. Check out my Best Pressure Cooker Chicken to see how I make my chicken for the week. Pasta is the perfect vessel for leftover chicken.
The creamy sauce for this pasta is to-die-for… it’s creamy deliciousness!
I won’t torture you any more. You can check out the recipe below. I used my Frozen Herbs in this dish (LOVE them) but you can use fresh too.
Here’s the pasta recipe…
An easy weeknight pasta dish that takes only 20 minutes to make! So good with chicken, garlic, basil and parmesan sauce.
- 1/2 lb fettuccine noodles
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 frozen herb cubes of garlic| or 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 frozen herb cubes of basil or 2 tbsp of basil chopped
- 1 large chicken breast cooked and cut up into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil as garnish if desired
- Bring a pot of water to boil for the noodles. Add a good amount of salt (about 1 tsp) to the water and add your noodles. Cook according to the box's directions, stirring every few minutes.
- Meanwhile, start to melt your butter in a pan over medium heat. Once the butter is melted and starting to bubble add the flour. Use a whisk to combine and continue stirring for a minute. (it will be very thick).
- Slowly add your milk, whisking to combine.
- Add your cooked chicken and stir to combine.
- Turn your sauce to low and let it simmer until the noodles are finished.
- Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Drain your noodles and add them to your sauce.
- Stir to combine.
- Finish with fresh basil to garnish.
I hope your family will get a chance to try this Fettuccine with Chicken pasta recipe too.