This Fettuccine with Chicken is one of the pasta dishes my youngest daughter always helps me make. It’s a dinner you can put together in 20 minutes, making it perfect for a busy weeknight! My favorite part is the creamy garlic, basil and Parmesan cheese sauce… it’s so good!. I hope you enjoy this Fettuccine with Chicken in a Garlic, Basil and Parmesan Sauce recipe.
I’m always looking for recipes where leftover chicken can be used. I like to cook up a lot of chicken at the beginning of the week and add it into different recipes. Check out my Best Pressure Cooker Chicken to see how I make my chicken for the week. Pasta is the perfect vessel for leftover chicken.
The creamy sauce for this pasta is to-die-for… it’s creamy deliciousness!
I won’t torture you any more. You can check out the recipe below. I used my Frozen Herbs in this dish (LOVE them) but you can use fresh too.
Here’s the pasta recipe…
Fettuccine with Chicken in a Garlic, Basil and Parmesan Sauce
- 1/2 lb fettuccine noodles
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 frozen herb cubes of garlic| or 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 frozen herb cubes of basil or 2 tbsp of basil chopped
- 1 large chicken breast cooked and cut up into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil as garnish if desired
- Bring a pot of water to boil for the noodles. Add a good amount of salt (about 1 tsp) to the water and add your noodles. Cook according to the box's directions, stirring every few minutes.
- Meanwhile, start to melt your butter in a pan over medium heat. Once the butter is melted and starting to bubble add the flour. Use a whisk to combine and continue stirring for a minute. (it will be very thick).
- Slowly add your milk, whisking to combine.
- Add your cooked chicken and stir to combine.
- Turn your sauce to low and let it simmer until the noodles are finished.
- Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Drain your noodles and add them to your sauce.
- Stir to combine.
- Finish with fresh basil to garnish.
I hope your family will get a chance to try this Fettuccine with Chicken pasta recipe too.