Mint thumbprint cookies are a delicious cookie with a chocolate cream cheese cookie dough and an Andes mint thumbprint center. These little bites of heaven combine the rich flavors of chocolate, cream cheese, and the cool freshness of Andes mints.
- cream cheese
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- baking soda
- Andes Mints
How To: Make Your Dough
In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, cream cheese, cocoa, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla extract and egg, then mix until well combined.
Combine Dry Ingredients:
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Gradually add this dry mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing until a soft dough forms.
Place your chocolate cream cheese cookie dough in the refrigerator and chill it for at least 4 hours.
Shape the Dough:
Take tablespoon-sized portions of the dough and roll them into balls. Place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each.
Gently press your thumb or the back of a teaspoon into the center of each dough ball, creating a well for the mint.
Add the Minty Magic:
Press half of an unwrapped Andes mint into the center of each thumbprint.
Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 18 minutes or until the edges are set. Remove from the oven.
Drizzle if Desired:
If you want, add a simple powdered sugar and milk drizzle on top of your cooled mint thumbprint cookies.
Mint Thumbprint Cookies
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- ½ cup butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 Andes mints upwrapped and cut in half
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp milk
- Cream your softened butter, softened cream cheese, cocoa powder, and sugar for 5 minutes until light and fluffy in stand mixer. Start at low speed with your mixer and gradually get to medium-high speed.
- Add the egg, mix on low speed until combined.
- Add the almond extract, mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Slowly add to the mixer on a low speed until the dry and wet mixtures are combined smoothly.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- When you're ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350°. Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Use a spoon to scoop dough and shape dough into a little smaller than golf ball size. Roll between your hands until it's a smooth ball. Place on the parchment paper at least 2 inches apart.
- Use your thumb or the back of a spoon to make an indent in the center of each dough ball.
- Place half of a piece of Andes mint candy in the indentation.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 18 minutes.
- Allow to cook 5 minutes on cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack.
- If you want to add a drizzle, combine the powdered sugar and milk and mix until smooth. Then drizzle on top of the cookies.
There you have it – Mint Thumbprint Cookies that are sure to steal the spotlight at any gathering. These delightful treats are not just cookies; they’re a symphony of flavors of mint chocolate that will leave you craving more. So, roll up your sleeves, preheat that oven, and let the aroma of minty chocolate bliss fill your home. Happy baking these chocolate min thumbprints, they make great Christmas cookies!