Cherry Cream Cheese Thumbprints are such a pretty cookie. Cherry and cream cheese is always such a great combo and in a bite-sized cookie, they are always a favorite!
This is a refrigerator cookie, so the wait time is the hardest part about this cookie!Jump to Recipe
Making the Cherry Cream Cheese Cookies
I use this cream cheese cookie base for so many great treats, I’ve got them listed below!
Start by creaming the butter, cream cheese, and sugar.
After creaming it good it’s time to add the eggs and vanilla.
After it’s combined it’s time for the dry ingredients.
After the batter is all combined then it’s time to let the dough chill for a few hours.
After the dough has chilled you will take a teaspoon of dough and roll it into a ball and then press your thumb into the center to create an indent.
Then fill the indents with a scoop of cherry pie filling.
Oh these Cherry Cream Cheese Cookies are SO GOOD!!!!
Cherry Cream Cheese Thumbprints
- ½ cup butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup cherry pie filling I just used a canned cherry pie filling
- Cream the softened butter and cream cheese with the sugar in a mixing bowl for 5 minutes. Start at a low speed and gradually increase to medium-high speed.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the mixing bowl and mix on low until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the mixer on low speed until combined.
- Place the cookie dough covered in plastic wrap, in a refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- After 4 hours in the refrigerator, remove your dough. Preheat your oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out some dough. You want about a heaping teaspoon size. Then roll the dough into a ball shape and place on the parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Then use your thumb or the back of a teaspoon to create indents in each of the dough balls.
- Use a teaspoon to spoon a little of the cherry pie filling into each of the thumbprints you made in each dough ball.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 18-22 minutes.
I hope you love these Cherry Cream Cheese Thumbprints as much as we do!