Almond cream cheese cookies are light and delicate. Find out how to make almond cream cheese cookies that are a great treat for any occasion. I love the flavor of almond! These cream cheese cookies always have some a great texture. This cookie combines those two.
Ingredients You Will Need
- cream cheese
- almond extract
- baking powder
- baking soda
- powdered sugar
How To Make Almond Cream Cheese Cookies
This cookie recipe starts by putting the butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer with the sugar. Cream those together for about 5 minutes until smooth and creamy.
Add the egg and almond extract and mix again until combined.
In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk them together until combined.
Then slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer while it’s on low. Once combined, cover the dough for the cream cheese almond cookies and place it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to let the dough chill and firm up.
After the dough has chilled, preheat the oven and put some parchment paper on a baking sheet. Scoop the dough out, just a little smaller than a golf ball, and roll in your hands until it’s smooth and round. Place on the parchment lined baking sheet, keeping the cookies about 2 inches apart.
Bake until the edges of the cookies just start to brown. Let them cool before icing them
How To Store These Cookies
You will want to store the cookies in an airtight container. They can stay at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Almond Cream Cheese Cookies
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- ½ cup butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2¼ cup flour all purpose
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp milk
- Cream your softened butter, softened cream cheese, and sugar for 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Start at low speed with your mixer and gradually get to medium-high speed.
- Add the egg, mix on low speed until combined.
- Add the almond extract, mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Slowly add to the mixer on a low speed until the dry and wet mixtures are combined smoothly.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- When you're ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350°. Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Use a spoon to scoop dough a little smaller than golf ball size. Roll between your hands until it's a smooth ball. Place on the parchment paper at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 12-14 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to finish cooling. Cool for 20 minutes before icing.
- In a small bowl mix together with a fork the powdered sugar, almond extract, and milk until smooth.
- Use the fork to drizzle the icing on top of the cooled almond cream cheese cookies.