The BEST Pizza Crust Recipe – YEP!!! I’m throwing it out there. I’m one of those people who thinks that pizza crust makes the pizza. I’m sharing my favorite pizza dough recipe that I’ve perfected over the years. If you love a thick, chewy crust then you’ll love this dough recipe.
Pizza Crust Recipe
Don’t you just want to bite into that crust?
We have homemade pizza almost every week at our home. So I’ve had lots of years to perfect this recipe. I’ve played around and this one is loved by all.
We’re a half Hawaiian and half Pepperoni family.
Another huge factor in getting great crust is a pizza stone. They are a great investment. I’ve had mine for years. You put it in the oven while you’re preheating and when it’s piping hot you put the rolled dough on it.
Here’s my yummy pizza crust recipe.
- 1 cup very warm water
- 1 tablespoon active yeast
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 cups flour
- Pour the warm water into your mixer bowl.
- Sprinkle the yeast, sugar and honey on top.
- Let the yeast water sit for 5 minutes. Then mix until everything is dissolved.
- Add oil, salt and Italian seasoning.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- Add the dough hook to your mixer and mix on speed 2 (low) until combined.
- If dough is sticking to the bowl add 1/4 cup of flour at a time. Let it combine and add more flour if needed until dough is no longer sticking to the sides.
- When it's no longer sticking to the sides let it continue to mix on low for another 2-3 minutes.
- Take about 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a large bowl and rub all the sides with the olive oil to coat.
- Place the dough in the oiled bowl and let it rise until doubled in size, about 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat your pizza stone and oven to 465 degrees.
- Roll out your dough on a floured surface to a 12" round size. If you like a thin crust you can make 2 pizza crusts from this recipe.
- Add your toppings.
- Bake for 11 minutes.
- Let it cool about 10 minutes before cutting.
Look at that crust! Love those air pockets!
I hope you get a chance to try my favorite pizza crust soon.