Strawberries are in season and they are so sweet this year. My youngest daughter loves strawberries and she help me create this no churn recipe for Strawberry Shortbread Ice Cream.
Strawberry Shortbread Ice Cream
If you’ve never tried no churn ice cream it’s a serious game changer! Don’t get me wrong… I love pulling out the old fashion ice cream machine using the rock salt and listening to it churn… it’s perfect for a party. But for a quick ice cream fix no churn ice cream is the way to go.
Easy no churn ice cream - Strawberry Shortbread Ice Cream - chunks of strawberries and shortbread cookies in this great ice cream.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 shortbread cookies crumbled up
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Mix the heavy whipping cream on high until it forms soft peaks.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk to the whipping cream, folding it in with a spatula until it's combined.
- Add the crumbled shortbread cookies, fold until combined.
- Add the strawberries, fold until combined.
- Pour into a 6 cup container and freeze for at least 3-4 hours until firm.
Here’s the strawberry shortbread ice cream just before I put it in the freezer.
I think you’ll love this easy no churn ice cream recipe – it’s definitely perfect for spring and summer!