Today I’ve got a super yummy recipe to share with you guys… Apple Poppers! Last year my Pumpkin Poppers were a HUGE hit so I thought I’d come up with a new version this year. During fall I’m obsessed with apple treats, and this is definitely one of my family’s favorites.
These are just as delicious and super easy to make too… like mini apple doughnuts made in a mini muffin tin.
Such a yummy fall treat! My kiddos have been enjoying them all week….. I had to ration them.. they only got 2 a day. Seriously, if you don’t, they’ll be gone in less than an hour.
Mini Muffins – Mini Donuts
These bite-sized treats are basically like little apple cinnamon muffins, or doughnut holes. They are made in a min muffin tin but they puff up into a round shape, perfect to grab and eat.
My guess if you’ll have most of the ingredients you need below, except maybe the apple pie filling. If you want to use fresh apples and cinnamon to make a homemade apple pie filling I’ve got a recipe here for you.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
What makes these delicious apple donuts / muffins so extra delicious is that they are dunked in melted butter and a cinnamon sugar mixture after they are baked. That sweet coating compliments the apple doughnut so well.
And of course you want the Apple Popper Recipe….
- mini muffin tin
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 and spray your mini muffin pan(s) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk till combined.
- In another bowl stir together the oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, apple pie filling, and milk until combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix till the mixture is just combined (you don't want to over mix)
- Fill your mini muffin tins till almost full. Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 12 minutes.
- While they’re baking, melt your butter and in a small bowl combine your sugar and cinnamon.
- Let the poppers cool for a few minutes before rolling them around in the melted butter and then plunging them into their cinnamon sugar bath.
I hope you get a chance to try these Apple Poppers soon! I’m sure they’ll be a fall favorite in your house too.