Today I’ve got a super yummy recipe to share with you guys… Apple Poppers! Last year my Pumpkin Poppers were a HUGE hit so I thought I’d come up with a new version this year. During fall I’m obsessed with apple treats, and this is definitely one of my family’s favorites.
These are just as delicious and super easy to make too… like mini apple doughnuts made in a mini muffin tin.
Such a yummy fall treat! My kiddos have been enjoying them all week….. I had to ration them.. they only got 2 a day. Seriously, if you don’t, they’ll be gone in less than an hour.
And of course you want the Apple Popper Recipe….
Bite sized apple treats that are rolled in cinnamon sugar.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 and spray your mini muffin pan(s).
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl and whisk till combined.
- In another bowl mix together the oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, apple pie filling and milk.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix till it’s just combined (you don’t want to over mix)
- Fill your mini muffin tins till almost full. Bake for approximately 12 minutes.
- While they’re baking, melt your butter and in a small bowl combine your sugar and cinnamon.
- Let the poppers cool for a few minutes before rolling them around in the melted butter and then plunging them into their cinnamon sugar bath.
I hope you get a chance to try these Apple Poppers soon! I’m sure they’ll be a fall favorite in your house too.