I’m going to share with you how to make crumb topping. Crumb topping is so great to know how to make for so many recipes. This topping on pie is fabulous, you’ve got to have that crumb on a fruit crisp, it’s delicious on a bar cookie, on top of ice cream, and amazing just to snack on!
The crumb topping shown above was baked on parchment paper. It’s perfect for sprinkling on top of ice cream, funnel cakes, or eating all by itself.
How to Make
How to make a streusel topping for baked goods or snacking.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees if you are going to use this to snack on or a sprinkle on top topping – like for ice cream, funnel cakes, etc.
- Melt your butter
Start by melting your stick of butter.
- Add the flour
Add the flour to the melted butter.
- Brown Sugar
Add the brown sugar to the bowl.
Add your oats.
- Mix Together
Use a spoon or folk to mix the ingredients together until evenly dispersed.
- Spread on Parchment
Spread out the crumb topping on parchment paper.
- Bake Crumb Topping
Bake until the edges start to crisp up, about 25 minutes. It will crisp up more as it cools.
Store in an air-tight jar and enjoy within 10 days.
Where to Use Streusel Topping
- Pies – you can place this topping, before baking, on top of your pie crust and filling. Bake as your pie instructions go.
- Fruit Crisp – Peel and cut up your favorite fruit. Toss with some sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt then you can top with the topping (before baking) and then bake about 30 minutes.
- Ice Cream – sprinkle the baked topping on your ice cream for a crunchy element
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup oats
- Preheat your oven to 350° degrees.
- Melt your butter and place into a bowl.
- Add the flour to the butter.
- Place the brown sugar into the bowl.
- Add the oats to the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- If you are baking the crumble on it's own, spread out the crumb topping onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until the edges start to brown and crisp up. It will crisp more as it cools. Let it cool about 15-20 minutes before using a spatula to break up and serve immediately or store in a jar.