A Fall favorite – pumpkin spice bar that is topped with cream cheese frosting. This treat is packed full of spices and it’s a favorite at our home. I love anything pumpkin this time of year. This recipe makes plenty for sharing too. If you love pumpkin like I do you’ll want to make this pumpkin bar recipe.
Fall is a season that brings about cozy sweaters, colorful leaves, and the delightful aroma of pumpkin spice. Embrace the spirit of autumn with these scrumptious Pumpkin Spice Bars topped with luscious Cream Cheese Frosting. This recipe is the epitome of fall flavors and is sure to warm your heart and satisfy your taste buds.
Pumpkin Spice Bars
- rimmed sheet pan
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil or vegetable oil or 1 ⅓ cup of melted butter
- 4 large eggs
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together eggs, pumpkin, sugar, and oil with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture wet ingredients, beat on low until well combined.
- If desired, stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread batter into an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan (the cookie sheets with an edge to them).
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a medium mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Frost pumpkin bars. If desired, top with pecan halves.
Tips and Variations:
- Feel free to add chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts to the batter for some added crunch and flavor.
- For an extra autumn touch, sprinkle a little extra pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon on top of the cream cheese frosting.
- Serve these Pumpkin Spice Bars with a warm cup of apple cider or your favorite fall beverage for a delightful autumn treat.
I think you and your family will love this Pumpkin Spice Bar as much as we do! We make this treat throughout October and it’s a great Thanksgiving dessert!