A delicious recipe for apple cinnamon swirl ice cream that is super easy to make for the holidays! It’s a no churn ice cream full of flavor.
This easy no churn ice cream tastes like apple pie a la mode minus the pie crust!
- heavy cream
- sweetened condensed milk
- apple mixture (apple pie filling)
- melted butter
- brown sugar
How to Make the Apple Ice Cream Base
I love making no churn ice creams because they are so easy to make and only take a handful of ingredients to get the flavors you want and love!
I started by prepping the apples. I used a can of apple pie filling and just cut up the bigger chunks of apple into bite-sized pieces. If you wanted you could cut up some granny smith apples and cook them down until soft and then let them cool to room temperature.
Then I get the heavy whipping cream going in the mixer. You want to whip the cream until it forms soft peaks, usually about 5 minutes.
Once you’ve reached soft peaks, then you can add the sweetened condensed milk to the whipped cream.
Then add the chopped up apple pie filling. Carefully stir the ice cream mixture together.
Then I melted the butter and added the brown sugar and cinnamon to create the cinnamon swirl.
I added about 3/4 of the cinnamon mixture to the ice cream base and gently swirled it in.
Then pour the ice cream into a loaf pan. Finish by adding sprinkles of the cinnamon swirl on top and then use a spoon or knife to drag through the cinnamon to finish creating a swirl on top of the ice cream.
Place the loaf pan into the freezer for at least 4 hours before serving.
After it freezes you’ll have a creamy texture ice cream with chunks of apples and a sweet cinnamon swirl throughout. It make a great addition to your holiday dessert menu.
Apple Cinnamon Swirl Ice Cream
- loaf pan
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can apple pie filling chopped
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Open the can of apple pie filling and cut up the big chunks of apples so everything is bite-sized.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the mixer bowl and whip on medium-high until it reaches soft peaks, usually about 4-5 minutes.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into the whipped cream.
- Add the apples. Fold the sweetened condensed milk and apples into the whipped cream.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix together.
- Add ¾ of the cinnamon mixture to the ice cream base. Mix until the cinnamon is swirled throughout.
- Pour into a loaf pan.
- Add the rest of the cinnamon swirl to the top of the ice cream mixture and then swirl it through the top of the ice cream.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.