I love the flavor of ginger cookies! It’s definitely a flavor of the holiday season. So today I’ve got a great Ginger Cut Out Cookie that you’ll love to try!
Ginger Cut Out Cookies
You can use whatever shape you’d like, but I went with a star shape this time.
Gather your ingredients for this delicious cookie!
Once your dough comes together you’ll need to chill it before rolling it out.
These Ginger Cut Out Cookies are packed full of those holiday flavors we love!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 11/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 3/4 cup softened unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground cloves and grated ginger and set aside.
- Use a handheld mixer to cream the butter and sugar till fluffy and beat in the egg, orange juice and molasses.
- Add the flour mix to the sugar-molasses mix gradually and mix till the dough comes together.
- Let the dough chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Flour a surface & roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Flour the cookie cutter and cut out the stars and arrange on the prepped cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes till they turn slightly darker but not burnt.
- Cool on cooling rack - the cookies will harden after cooling down but will be chewy inside.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
The finished results are a delicious, chewy ginger cookie. You can add icing if you like, but they are yummy just plain.
Wrap them up in a cute tin and you’ve got a great gift for your neighbors too.
I hope you’ll get a chance to enjoy these ginger cut out cookies this holiday season.