Harvest Rice Krispie Treats are so fun for a fall treat! These fall rice krispie treats are great to make with the kiddos! So simple to make by adding some fun fall candy to your favorite rice krispie recipe.
So fun right! You can customize these rice krispie treats with whatever candy you like. I went with some pumpkins and different colored candy corn.
How to Make Fall Rice Krispie Treats
These Harvest Rice Krispie Treats start with all the basic ingredients for rice krispie treats.
- rice krispie cereal
Start by melting the butter in a large pot. Once the butter is melted you add the marshmallows.
Keep your heat on medium-low and you will want to keep stirring.
After a few minutes your marshmallows will almost be completely melted, keep stirring.
Once the marshmallows are completely melted, remove the pot from the heat and add the Rice Krispie Cereal to the melted marshmallows.
This is where you need to stir quickly and work hard to get the marshmallow mix to completely coat the rice krispie cereal.
Once the marshmallow has completely coated the cereal, add some of the fall candy and mix it in evenly.
Then you will take a 9×13 inch pan and spray it with nonstick spray. Then dump the mixture into the pan. Now I spray my hands with the nonstick spray and then press the rice krispie treats into the pan evenly.
Once it’s pressed in evenly, then dot the top of the Rice Krispie Treat with some more fall candy.
Harvest Rice Krispie Treat
- ¼ cup butter
- 16 ounces marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 2 cups fall candy
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-low heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the marshmallows.
- Keep stirring as the marshmallows melt. it will take a few minutes.
- Once the marshmallows are completely melted, remove the pot from the heat and add the rice krispie cereal.
- Stir quickly and get the cereal completely coated with the melted marshmallows.
- Once coated add 1 cup of the fall candy. Stir to evenly disperse.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray and dump the rice krispie treats mixture into the pan. I like to lightly spray my hands with the nonstick spray before pressing the treats into the pan evenly.
- Then add the remaining fall candy to the top of the rice krispie treats.
- Let it cool at least 30 minutes before cutting.