These Easter Egg Cookie and Candy in One are a favorite in our home. I started this tradition when the kiddos were young when I made the Valentine’s Cookie and Candy in One and so, why not enjoy for Easter too. Have you made these fun cookie and candy in one treats? We also made some cute flower ones that are perfect for Spring.
These are so fun to make and the kiddos love them!
Affiliate links are provided for your convenience.
- sugar cookie dough (you can use one in the refrigerator tubes, a box mix, or homemade. You want something that you can roll out and use cookie cutters on.
- Jolly Rancher candies
- Easter Egg Cookie Cutters
- Flower Cookie Cutters
- Parchment Paper
Making the Easter Egg Cookie and Candy
You start with your favorite sugar cookie recipe… I cheated this time and used a sugar cookie mix (gasp)! Here’s one of my favorite semi-homemade sugar cookie recipes. Combine your ingredients as needed so that your cookie dough is ready to use. Some recipes suggestion place in the refrigerator before rolling out, so you want to factor that in your prep time.
Once the dough is ready to work with, you want to roll it out with a rolling pin. My roll dough is about 1/4″ thick. You want it to hold it’s shape with the cookie cutter. You can see with the photo below that I used a bigger egg shaped cookie cutter, and then a smaller one inside to create the opening for the hard candy to go inside of.
I used both an scalloped egg and a flower cookie cutter. I figured that they would be perfect for Springtime.
You need 2 sizes… a big one and a smaller one.
Place your cut out Easter egg sugar cookie and Jolly Rancher candy on a parchment lined baking sheet.
If you cookie center is big enough you may need 2 Jolly Ranchers.
Bake in the oven as directed on your cookie recipe. Mine baked at 350 degrees for about 6-8 minutes. Just keep on eye of them. I bake up the cut out centers of the cookies too. You can decorate those with frosting, etc or put some sprinkles on before you bake them.
The candy will melt and spread and even bubble, so don’t be surprised by the consistency, as it cools it will harden.
So fun! These Easter egg cookies are perfect for Easter baskets.
Easter Cookie and Candy in One
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- cookie cutters
- Rolling Pin
- sugar cookie dough
- ¼ cup flour for dusting surface to roll out dough
- 24 Jolly Rancher candies
- Open prepared sugar cookie dough or prepare if a mix as directed on package. You want to make sure it's a sugar cookie dough that you can roll out.
- Dust your work surface with a little flour and roll out the cookie dough to ¼" thick.
- Use the larger cookie cutter first, then use the smaller cookie cutter to create an opening in the center.
- Place the cutout cookie dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat for the remaining cookie dough.
- Open the Jolly Rancher wrappers and place the candy into the open center of the cookies.
- Bake according to the package direction for the sugar cookies you have. Usually 6-8 minutes.
- The Jolly Ranchers will be melted and bubbly. Don't touch the center as it will be very hot. Allow them to cool and harden on the cookie sheet before moving.