I love cream pie and this easy lemon cream pie is so easy to make and perfect for the warm weather that is on the way. It’s light, it’s creamy and has a wonderful lemon flavor that isn’t sharp.
- graham cracker pie crust
- whipped topping or whipped cream
- lemon pudding mix
How to Make a No-Bake Lemon Cream Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
This truly is the simplest lemon pie recipe with only 4 ingredients!!! I use a store-bought graham cracker pie crust, but you can make a homemade one if you prefer with graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
Start by putting your lemon pudding mix and milk into a medium bowl. Follow the directions on the box for the milk amount you want for the “pie” directions, not the pudding.
Mix as directed on the box, usually about 2 minutes. If you don’t have a mixer you can whisk the mixture by hand.
Then take 1/2 the tub of whipped topping and fold it into the pie filling.
Add the filling to the graham cracker pie crust.
Put it in the fridge and let it set up for at least 2 hours. Serve with some more whipped topping and garnish with a slice of lemon or some lemon zest.
This easy lemon cream pie with a graham cracker crust is a favorite in our home during the warmer months, but it’s great at any time.
What is the difference between a lemon meringue pie and a lemon cream pie?
A lemon meringue pie is topped with meringue. Meringue is egg whites that have been whipped with some sugar. The sugar and eggs white will form stiff peaks and then can be placed on top of the pie filing. Often the top of the meringue is torched with a blow torch or placed under the broiler for a couple minutes until the tips of the meringue have turned brown.
Lemon Cream Pie
- hand mixer
- 1 9" graham cracker pie crust
- 8 ounces whipped topping separated in half
- 3.4 ounce instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 cups milk use the amount the box tells you to use for making pie
- Add the milk and the lemon pudding mix to a bowl.
- Use a hand mixer and mix for a couple of minutes.
- Add 1/2 of the whipped topping to the pie filling.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Add the lemon pie filling to the graham cracker pie crust.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Serve with the remaining whipped topping and lemon slices if preferred.
I hope you enjoy this easy lemon pie too!