It’s downright hot and the last thing I want to do is turn on my oven. So I had fun creating a refreshing… tangy… easy… no bake Frozen Lemon Bars. It has a delicious graham cracker crust and the lemon is made in the microwave… crazy, right!
Frozen Lemon Bars
Here’s the yummy recipe…
A great summer update to the traditional lemon bar! These Lemon Bars are frozen and so refreshing during the summer.
- 12 whole graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup lemon juice
- lemon zest from 2-3 lemons
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Break graham crackers into smaller pieces and pulse in the food processor till they are fine crumbs.
- Drizzle in melted butter and pulse in the graham cracker crumbs just till it comes together.
- Press into a 9x9 pan and put in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to set up.
- In a microwave safe bowl mix together the sugar and eggs to combined. Add in the lemon juice, zest and melted butter.
- Microwave on high in 1 minute increments. Stir after each minute.
- It should take about 5 minutes /5 one minute increments to thicken up. You want the curd to coat the back of your spoon.
- Spoon the lemon curd on top of the graham cracker crust and place in the freezer 3+ hours till firm.
If you love lemon than you’ll want to check out these other lemon recipes…