Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies are the perfect quick and delicious dessert! If you’ve got the ingredients, you can have these hand pies ready so quick! Apple pie is the All-American dessert, perfect for Memorial Day and the 4th of July. You can make these in advance as they are delicious chilled or at room temperature.Jump to Recipe
Wouldn’t a basket full of these apple hand pies be perfect for gathering!
Hand Pies in the Air Fryer
Making hand pies in the air fryer is so easy and quick to get your favorite fruit pie! You only need a couple of ingredients to make these. I made apple pies, but you could easily substitute for any other fruit pie filling.
Here are the basics you need
- pie crust ( I used store-bought, the rolled-up type)
- can of fruit pie filling
- butter-flavored non-stick spray
- cinnamon sugar (if you want)
- air fryer
Start by letting the dough thaw (according to directions on packaging) and then you want a circle shape about 4″ to 4 1/2″ to use as a template. I found a large mug that worked perfectly. I used a knife to cut around to make my circles. I got 4 circles for each dough crust.
Then you will scoop your apple pie filling onto on side of the circle. It only takes about 1 heaping tablespoon per circle. You want to make sure you have space around the edges to seal your hand pie.
You will use a little water on your finger and go around the outer edge of the circle (this helps it to seal). Then fold your circle in half and use a fork to seal your hand pie together. Then use a knife to cut a couple slits in the top.
You’ll preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees and then spray the air fryer tray and the tops of the hand pies with the butter-flavored non-stick spray. I finished with a sprinkle of cinnamon-sugar on top of my hand pies.
In the air fryer it only takes 12 minutes to bake! Then you’ll have your delicious pies ready for sharing.
I was able to place 4 hand pies in my 8 quart air fryer at a time. So, depending on the size of your air fryer you’ll need to adjust. You want space around the pies for the air to circulate.
Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies
- air fryer
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust 2 pie crusts
- 1 can apple pie filling or whatever fruit filling you like
- non-stick spray I prefer butter flavor
- cinnamon sugar sprinkle if you want
- Let the refrigerated pie dough thaw as directed on the packaging. Unroll and use a 4" to 4 1/2" circle and cut out 8 circles (4 in each pie dough).
- Scoop about 1 heaping tablespoon on one side of each of the circles of dough. Make sure you have about 1/4" of space around the outer edge with no filling on it.
- Damping your finger with water and run it around the outside edge of the pie dough.
- Fold over the pie dough and use a fork to help seal the hand pie closed. Use a knife to cut a few slits in the top.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°. Once preheated, spray the air fryer tray with non-stick spray. Place 4 hand pies into the air fryer and then spray the tops with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar if you'd like.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove and let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
I hope you get a chance to try these Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies soon!