These Cake Mix Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies are the perfect spring treat! Cake mix whoopie pies are such an easy dessert to make and are the perfect party treat that would be awesome on your Easter menu. These whoopie pies have my favorite cream cheese filling in between those carrot cake sides. If you love carrot cake then you’ll want to check out my Carrot Spice Cake with Greek Yogurt, Easy Carrot Cake Cupcakes, and my Mini Carrot Cakes with Cream Cheese Icing.
What are Whoopie Pies?
If you aren’t familiar with whoopie pies, then you’re in for a treat! Whoopie pies have 2 cake-like cookies with a sweet filling in between. It makes the perfect hand-held treat! The options are endless with what type of whoopie pie you make between the cake-like cookies and what type of sweet filling you use.
For these whoopie pies I used a cake mix, making it super simple to make. And for the filling, I used my favorite cream cheese frosting recipe. I love how carrot cake and cream cheese pair so perfectly.
- carrot cake mix
- cream cheese
- unsalted butter
- powdered sugar
How to Make Cake Mix Cake Cake Whoopie Pies
You only need a few ingredients to make these whoopie pies.
Add the carrot cake mix, water, oil, all purpose flour, and eggs into a large bowl.
Mix the batter together well until combined. Then use an ice cream scoop to spoon the batter onto the prepared baking sheets.
Bake and then allow to fully cool on a wire rack before creating the whoopie pies.
How To Fill Your Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies
My favorite cream cheese frosting is made with cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar (confectioners’ sugar). I like to make my cream cheese frosting in my stand mixer. Make sure the butter and cream cheese are at room temperature. If you like, you could add a little bit of cinnamon to the frosting mixture to make a cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Once the whoopie pies bases have cooled you’ll start assembling. Take one side of the whoopie pie and on the flat surface slather a couple of tablespoons of the cream cheese frosting. Take another whoopie pie and smoosh the flat side onto the cream cheese frosting to create your delicious carrot cake whoopie pie!
Sprinkle with some powdered sugar to finalize these Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies.
Cake Mix Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies
Carrot Cake Whoopie Pie
- 1 box carrot cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 eggs
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add cake mix, water, oil, flour, and eggs into a mixing bowl. Stir until combined.
- Use an ice cream scooper to measure out each whoopie pie half. You will have 20 halves, making 10 whoopie pies. They will spread a little, so keep at least an inch between each one.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Let it cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack. Let cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese and butter.
- Add 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time, mixing until combined. Add the remaining cups, one at a time, and mix until thoroughly combined.
Assembling the Whoopie Pies
- Take 1 piece of the whoopie pie and place 2-3 tablespoons of the cream cheese frosting in the center of the flat side. Take the other side of the whoopie pie and taking the flat side smoosh it onto the cream cheese frosting to form a whoopie pie.
- Repeat until the remaining whoopie pies are assembled.
How good do these look?
I hope you get a chance to try them yourself soon.