Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect summertime treat! Easy to make and perfect for the kids to help with, these ice cream sandwiches just scream fun!Jump to Recipe
Cake mix cookies are one of my favorite ways to make cookies, but it’s so quick and easy and only takes a few ingredients, which if you’ve got little kids, you don’t that’s about all their attention can handle.
The first step in making these fun summer ice cream sandwiches is making the cake mix funfetti cookies.
Funfetti Cookie Ingredients
- funfetti cake mix
How to Make Funfetti Cookies
To make these fun cookies you start with a funfetti cake mix.
Add your oil.
Add your eggs.
Mix together until it’s well combined.
Scoop out about a tablespoon of cookie batter, roll into 1-inch balls, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake and then allow to cool completely before turning into ice cream sandwiches.
Assembling Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches
Once the funfetti cake mix cookies cool completely it’s time to assemble the ice cream sandwiches. I pull the vanilla ice cream out of the freezer and let it sit for about 5 minutes so it’s easy to scoop.
Then scoop a nice size of the vanilla ice cream and place it on top of 1 funfetti cookie that is upside down. Place another funfetti cookie on top, right side up.
Finish by adding some additional rainbow sprinkles.
You can enjoy it right away or place it on a cookie sheet into the freezer for about 30 minutes, then you can wrap the funfetti ice cream sandwich and store it in the freezer for later enjoyment.
Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 funfetti cake mix
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 eggs
Making Funfetti Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the funfetti cake mix to a bowl.
- Pour the oil into the bowl.
- Add 2 eggs.
- Mix together until completely combined.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of batter and roll into a ball.
- Bake in a preheat oven for 10-12 minutes, until just a little golden brown around the edges.
Making Funfetti Ice Cream Sanwiches
- Once the cookies are completely cool, pull your ice cream from the freezer and let it sit out for about 5 minutes.
- Flip one cookie upside down, place a scoop of ice cream on top.
- Finish by placing another cookie on top of the ice cream scoop, right side up.
- If desired, you can add some addional sprinkles to the ice cream around the edges.
- Serve immediately, or place on a cookie sheet in the freezer for 30-60 minutes before wrapping in plastic wrap and freezing until ready to eat.