I can’t get enough pumpkin spice this time of year and these Pumpkin Spice Funnel Fries were a hit! The cinnamon… the cloves… the pumpkin… it’s a mix of perfection. It took a little playing around I came up with this most delicious recipe. If you love pumpkin spice like I do make sure to check out my Fall Pumpkin Spice Donuts and Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe
They are full of all the flavors of the fall season in a fun, sweet treat! If you’ve never made funnel cakes or funnel fries, don’t be intimidated. If you get a good thermometer that will make all the difference in frying these up.
Beware, your family will line up as you are making these great pumpkin spice treat. Sprinkle while they are warm with some powdered sugar for the perfect touch.
Pumpkin Spice Funnel Fries
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 to 4 cups canola oil
- powdered sugar to sprinkle on top
- Combine your dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
- In your mixer combine the pumpkin puree, milk, eggs and sugar. Once combined slowly add the dry ingredients while the mixer is on low.
- Mix until it's just combined.
- Heat your oil in a deep pan until it's 350 degrees. Place pumpkin batter into a quart size ziploc bag. Cut a small corner piece off to pipe the batter into the hot oil. Squeeze 4-5 inch long "fries" into the hot oil.
- Adjust heat as needed. Once browned on one side, flip and cook the other side. Takes about 20-30 seconds per side.
- Place on a paper towel lined plate and immediately sprinkle with powdered sugar. Enjoy warm!