Pumpkin Spice Funnel Fries
I can’t get enough pumpkin spice this time of year and these Pumpkin Spice Funnel Fries were a hit! The cinnamon… the cloves… the pumpkin… it’s a mix of perfection. It took a little playing around I came up with this most delicious recipe. If you love pumpkin spice like I do make sure to check out my Fall Pumpkin Spice Donuts and Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe
They are full of all the flavors of the fall season in a fun, sweet treat! If you’ve never made funnel cakes or funnel fries, don’t be intimidated. If you get a good thermometer that will make all the difference in frying these up.
Beware, your family will line up as you are making these great pumpkin spice treat. Sprinkle while they are warm with some powdered sugar for the perfect touch.
Pumpkin Spice Funnel Fries
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 to 4 cups canola oil
- powdered sugar to sprinkle on top
- Combine your dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
- In your mixer combine the pumpkin puree, milk, eggs and sugar. Once combined slowly add the dry ingredients while the mixer is on low.
- Mix until it's just combined.
- Heat your oil in a deep pan until it's 350 degrees. Place pumpkin batter into a quart size ziploc bag. Cut a small corner piece off to pipe the batter into the hot oil. Squeeze 4-5 inch long "fries" into the hot oil.
- Adjust heat as needed. Once browned on one side, flip and cook the other side. Takes about 20-30 seconds per side.
- Place on a paper towel lined plate and immediately sprinkle with powdered sugar. Enjoy warm!
It’s only September 1 and I’m already having pumpkin spice withdrawals. These sound wonderful. I “pinned” these for sure. Thanks
I might be drooling a little bit – these sound amazing! Thanks for sharing with Merry Monday this week; I’ll be featuring your pumpkin funnel fries at our upcoming party!
Yum, these look awesome!
OMG I used to eat these when I was a kid! What a great throwback to childhood years, I would love to make this recipe again! Thanks for sharing!
There look so good, My daughter and I love making new recipes together. Perfect for Fall
Funnel fries + pumpkin spice! YES PLEASE!
What an awesome idea. I love funnel cakes!
Wow! Just wow. These look incredible! What an awesome way to welcome fall! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us at Merry Monday this week!
These look so yummy! Love the paper cone their in too!
what a fun and delicious fall treat!
These look awesome. Would love for you share this at our link party #ThrowbackThursday every Thursday at 7:00pm est.
This is one of the most fantastic things I’ve ever seen! These look SO yummy. I wanted to let you know that I’m featuring this post tonight at the Create & Share Link Party (7:00 PM MST)! Congratulations!!! Can’t wait to see what you share with us this week. 🙂
Great idea! I guess if you miss the long fry you could just keep swirling like a funnel cake? I’m afraid these might be too good!
Greta idea – sounds yummy!
I keep reading that pumpkin is really healthy.
Hello cute lady! I’m stopping by to let you know that your pumpkin fries will be featured at our party that starts on Monday at 7 pm. Happy dance time! It’s also pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you on Monday! Lou Lou Girls
Whoa! I haven’t thought of fennel fries brilliant idea! These look and sound incredibly delicious! 🙂
These look absolutely addicting! Just letting you know that I’ll be featuring them tomorrow nightat Best of the Weekend!
What a creative idea, love this! Definitely a must pin 🙂 have a great week! xo
YUM! These look delicious!
These are so cute! They would be the perfect snack for kids!