I’m sharing a oh-so-yummy Strawberry Scones with lemon icing recipe… perfect for Springtime! I love spring because that’s the start to the prime strawberry season in California. If we’re lucky and it doesn’t get hot fast, strawberry season can go far into summer. These scones made with cream are great for Mother’s Day breakfast in bed, brunch, baby showers or anytime you want to share with your family a great strawberry treat.
I love strawberries paired with lemons. I think they are such a great compliment to each other and this scone
I know “scones” can sound intimidating, but I promise you can make them too! They are the perfect breakfast treat and the fresh strawberries make them even better!
Perfect for brunch, breakfast or anytime with these Strawberry Scones with a delicious Lemon Icing to drizzle on top.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup strawberries finely chopped and dried well
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into little cubes
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla creamer liquid (coffee creamer)
- 1 tablespoon cream for brushing on top of scones
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon emon zest
- Preheat your oven to 425. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Combine your flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest in a medium sized bowl. Whisk till combined.
- Add your chilled butter cubes into the flour mixture and use either 2 butter knives or a pastry cutter to cut the butter pieces till they are pea-sized.
Add your diced strawberries to the flour mixture and gently mix till they are coated with flour.
- Drizzle your cream and creamer into the flour mixture and stir till just combined.
- Dump your combined mix onto a floured surface and knead a few times, just till it comes together. Then move your kneaded dough to your parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Press your dough into an 8" circle and then use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut it into 8 pieces (like cutting a pizza).
- Brush the scone tops with some creamer. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, milk and lemon zest. Mix until smooth.
- Once scones have cooled for 20 minutes drizzle with lemon icing.
Make sure to visit these other lovely ladies for their great Mother’s Day goodies…
Have a wonderful weekend friends! If you love strawberries and/or lemon here’s some other great recipes to try…