I love making quesadillas… my kiddos love eating quesadillas… a win-win. Quesadillas are great with leftover chicken, which I normally have, so quesadillas are a great last minute dinner option. This BBQ Chicken Quesadilla with Frizzled Onions is a fun spin on a traditional quesadilla.
BBQ Chicken Quesadilla with Frizzled Onions
We love barbecue food, so I knew this fun twist would be a hit with my family. Who doesn’t love melted cheese, chicken soaked in barbecue sauce and frizzled onions?
Start by placing your grated cheddar cheese on top of one of the tortillas… I love using my food processor to chop up my cheese.
Place your sliced chicken in a bowl with some of your favorite bbq sauce and toss it to coat.
Then place the bbq chicken on top of the cheddar cheese. It already looks amazing… but there’s more!
Add your frizzled onions and then finish off with the rest of the cheddar cheese.
After cooking it up in a skillet with butter you are ready to enjoy!
Great twist on traditional quesadillas - BBQ Chicken Quesadillas with Frizzled Onions!
- 2 tortillas
- grated cheddar cheese about 1/3 - 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken sliced
- 1 tbsp of your favorite bbq sauce
- handful of frizzled onions French's Crispy Fried Onions
- about 1 tbsp of butter 1/2 melted in pan, 1/2 spread on top side of quesadilla
- Lay 1 tortilla down and sprinkle about 2/3 of your grated cheddar cheese on top.
- In a bowl combine your sliced chicken and the bbq sauce, toss to coat.
- Place the bbq sauced chicken on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle a handful of frizzled onions on top of the chicken.
- Place the remaining cheese on top of the onions.
- Place the other tortilla on top.
- Place 1/2 of the butter in a skillet and turn the heat to medium. Spread the other 1/2 of the butter on top of the tortilla on top of the quesadilla (so when you flip the quesadilla it's buttered)
- Once the butter is hot and bubbling place your non-buttered quesadilla side into the pan.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low. Let it cook 2-3 minutes, check for browning.
- Once browned nicely, flip the quesadilla.
- Cook that side for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
I hope your family will love this BBQ Chicken Quesadilla too!