I love the combo of Strawberries and Bananas and this Easy Banberry Trifle combines them perfectly. Layers of vanilla pudding, bananas, cooked down strawberries and vanilla wafers. It’s the perfect summer treat.Jump to Recipe
I love layered desserts in a clear serving vessel. I used individual cups to make this dessert, but you could easily make this in one large glass bowl and serve it to the masses.
How to Make Banberry Trifle
Trifle is just a fancy way of saying layered dessert. You can layer fruits, chunks of cake, puddings, brownie chunks, etc… it’s definitely a dessert you can get creative with.
For the bottom of this banberry trifle I put a layer of crushed vanilla wafers.
Then I scooped on a layer of vanilla pudding.
Next I cut up banana pieces and put them on top of the vanilla pudding.
Adding some strawberries that I had cooked down with a little bit of sugar goes on top.
Then the final layer is some whipped topping. Then just repeat!
Another fun idea would be to create a trifle bar and let your guests create their own trifles.
Easy Banberry Trifle
- 2 cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 14 ounce instant vanilla pudding box
- milk as directed on packaging
- 1 8 ounce whipped topping
- 30 vanilla wafers crushed
- 1-2 bananas cut into bite sized pieces
- In a small sauce pan, add your strawberries and sugar.
- Cook on medium-low, stirring frequently until strawberries are softening and starting to break down.
- For fresh strawberries this will take 5-10 minutes, for frozen strawberries 10-15 minutes. Let cook for 10 minutes before starting the layers,
- Follow directions on the instant vanilla pudding box to make your pudding.
- Place in refrigerator to firm.
- In your glass cup starting layering your ingredients. I typically will start with a dry ingredient on the bottom, so I started with the crushed vanilla wafers.
- Then I added a couple teaspoons of the vanilla pudding.
- Then I added banana chunks to the vanilla pudding.
- Some of the cooked down strawberries went on top, about 2 teaspoons.
- Then whipped topping finishes the layers. Then you just repeat!