I’m starting to get the fall bug, and these Spiced Pumpkin Streusel Muffins are the perfect way to send the kiddos off to school. The muffins are moist and full of pumpkin flavor. Plus they have cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves to give you that pumpkin spice. They are topped with an easy streusel giving the muffin some sweetness and crunch.
Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping
Pumpkin muffins by themselves are amazing. My Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe can easily be adapted into muffins. But there’s something special about adding that streusel topping. A little sweet, crunchy topping that is so simple to make. This is all you need to make the streusel.
- brown sugar
Simple right! Streusel can be added to a muffin, pie, cake, you name it!
How to make Streusel Topping
Add the flour, sugars, and salt to a bowl. Mix to combine.
Then it’s time to cut in the cold butter. It’s important that the butter be ice cold. Cutting it into little cubes makes it much easier to break it up.
Now your streusel is ready to top your muffins or anything else you want to have a streusel topping.
Now let’s get on to how to make these delicious Spiced Pumpkin Muffins!
Spiced Pumpkin Streusel Muffin
Spiced Pumpkin Muffins
- 2 cups pumpkin pie filling
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ tsp ground cloves
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar I prefer dark brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cloves
- ¼ cup butter cold, cut into small cubes
Spiced Pumpkin Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350° Farhenheit.
- Put the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, water, and oil into a mixer bowl. Mix on low until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and ground cloves.
- While the mixer is on low, slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, add the flour, sugars, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the cut-up butter. Use a pastry cutter or a fork to break up the cubes of butter and disperse within the sugar mixture.
- When it resembles wet sand with small clumps it's ready.
Assembling Spiced Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- Spray muffin pans or place liners within. Scoop pumpkin muffin batter, filling to about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle about 1 tbsp of the streusel topping on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin, comes out clean.
- Let cool in muffin tins for 5-10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
I hope you get a chance to try these pumpkin muffins during the fall season!