Mexican Bacon Cheeseburger Dip is a favorite during football season. It’s also great for any party! This time of year a lot of time is spent watching games on our TV (basketball and football) and consuming lots of yummy food. As we prep for the Big Game and the gathering of family and friends there are a few things that make party hosting easier. Of course everyone is looking for great food, but when you’re planning a party you know more is involved. Here’s one of our family’s favorite dips… .
Mexican Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
Using great quality paper goods is essential for hosting a party. After the game is over and everyone has gone home, I don’t want to spend my evening doing dishes.
This dip is hearty and warms you from the inside out.
Here’s the Mexican Bacon Cheeseburger Dip Recipe…
Big Game Mexican Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- 1 lb ground beef
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese
- 1 can of Ro-tel
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook up your bacon strips as you desire. I like to cook mine at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Brown your ground beef on your stove top over medium heat until all the pink is gone. Drain the fat.
- Slice the Velveeta cheese into big chunks and add it to the browned ground beef over medium heat.
- While the cheese is melting slice your bacon into big chunks.
- Once the cheese is melted add the can of Ro-tel and your bacon and turn your heat to low. Let is simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve hot with chips or slices of french bread.
Any dip that can be made in about 20 minutes is a winner!
Once it’s all prepped, I love putting it in our mini crockpot to keep it warm throughout the game.
Ground beef, cheese, tomatoes, bacon and spices… you can’t go wrong!
This dip is great on chips or piled on a slice of French bread. It’s so hearty that it could be used as a meal even.
Thanks for stopping by my friends!!