This Chai Spiced Bundt Cake is a flavorful bundt cake topped with 2 icings, it makes a great holiday dessert.
I love chai!!! Chai has all those warm flavors: cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, etc. So I figured why not jazz up a cake mix with some concentrated spiced chai and see what happens. What happed when I replaced the water with the liquid chai was a fall delight. I used a bundt pan, just because I think it makes your cake look a little fancier, but you could use whatever pan you like, or even cupcakes.
What You’ll Need
- white cake mix
- liquid chai concentrate
How To Make Chai Spiced Bundt Cake
This cake batter is so easy to put together. I just dumped cake mix into a large bowl.
Then added the melted butter to the bowl and whisked it is starting to come together.
Then add the spiced chai. My personal favorite is from Trader Joes, but you can use whatever one you love. You can use a chai spice mix if you prefer, just bloom it with hot water following the directions on the packaging to get 1 cup (or whatever amount of water your cake mix calls for).
Finish with the eggs and whisk until smooth and combined. You could use a hand mixer on medium speed if you prefer.
Then pour the chai bundt cake batter into a bundt cake pan that you’ve sprayed with baking spray.
Than bake in the oven until the top is a golden brown. Then move to a cooling rack to cool. After it’s cool for a bit you can invert the cake onto your serving stand. You want the cake to be completely cool before you ice it. You can enjoy without icing while it’s still warm if you want. It’s great with a cup of chai or coffee.
Once you have a cooled cake you can move to the icing. I made two icings for added drama on this cake. The white icing is a simple icing with powdered sugar and milk. It’s a simple glaze, but I think it looks beautiful in contrast with the cake.
The second icing is with powdered sugar and the liquid chai concentrate. I love the contrast of the drizzle of both of them on the cake.
This cake would be beautiful with just a simple powder sugar sprinkled on top.
Spiced Chai Bundt Cake
- Bundt cake pan
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup liquid chai concentrate
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp milk
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp liquid chai
- Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- In a large bowl combine your cake mix and melted butter. Mix together just a little (doesn't need to be smooth).
- Add the liquid chai concentrate and the eggs.
- Whisk together well until smooth. If you prefer you can just a mixer on medium speed.
- Pour the batter into a bundt pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry. Let it cooled on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes before turning out onto the serving plater or cake stand you want to serve on.
- After the cake has completely cooled on a wired rack, you can ice the cake if you desire.
- Mix up the icings in two separate bowls.
- Start by drizzling the white icing first, then follow up with the chai iciing.