Red White and Blue Peanut Butter Bar Cookies
Red, white, and blue peanut butter bar cookies are fun for Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day using M&M candies. A favorite among kids and adults alike.
These peanut butter bar cookie recipe can be easily changed up with different M&M candies for different seasons. To create patriotic M&M cookie bars I used red, white, and blue M&M candies that I found at my local grocery store.
What You Need
- peanut butter
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- red, white, and blue M&M’s
Red White And Blue Peanut Butter Bar Cookie
Start by creaming together softened butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a stand mixer. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. I let those ingredients cream for about 5 minutes.
Then add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix again until combined.
Add the baking powder and salt to the mixer bowl. Mix on low to combine.
Add half of the flour to the mixture, and mix on low. Add the rest of the flour and mix until combined.
Add about 4 ounces of the M&M candies to the mixture and fold the candies in my hand.
Scoop the cookie dough into a non-stick spray 9×13 baking dish and spread it evenly into the entire surface of the pan. Sprinkle the remaining candies on top and gently press the candy into the top. Bake in the oven until golden brown.
Red, White, and Blue Peanut Butter Bar Cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- ⅓ cup peanut butter creamy
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 6 ounces M&M Candies red, white, and blue
- Preheat the oven to 350° degrees.
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until creamy and well mixed, for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and blend till combined.
- Add the baking powder and salt and mix till combined. Then add half the flour and mix. Add the rest of the flour and mix until just combined.
- Add about 3/4 of the red, white, and blue M&M candies. Fold by hand into the cookie dough.
- Scoop the dough into a 9×13 pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Press the dough out until even. Sprinkle the top of the dough with the remainder of the M&M candies and press down gently.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the center has set and the top is golden brown.