This easy-to-make recipe for Apple Pie Bars can be thrown together quickly and requires simple ingredients you might already have on hand.
I love this recipe because it is so easy to put together, absolutely delicious, and great as a holiday dessert!
What You Will Need
- crescent rolls
- apple pie filling
Directions for Apple Pie Bars
You’ll need a 9″x13″ pan for this recipe. I like to put down parchment paper on the bottom of the pan, but you could spray with nonstick spray if you prefer.
Open one of the cans of crescent rolls and place it on the bottom of the pan. Use your fingers to press all the seams together, so that you create a single sheet of dough on the bottom of the pan.
In a small bowl, combine the combine the cinnamon and sugar. I used white granulated sugar, but if you like a more molasses sugar you could exchange it and use brown sugar. Sprinkle half of the mixture on top of the bottom crust.
Open the cans of apple pie filling and spread them evenly over the the crescent roll in the pan. Now if you prefer to make your own apple pie filling I have a recipe or you could just slice some granny smith apples, pink ladies, or honeycrisp, drizzle some lemon juice on top, and then toss with some sugar.
Open the other can of crescent rolls and place it on top of the apple pie filling. Use your fingers to press the seams together, just like you did for the bottom piece.
Melt the butter and brush it over the top of the crescent roll dough. Then finish with the rest of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Bake in the oven until golden brown and bubbly. I love to serve it with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
You can store leftover in an airtight container in your fridge for up to a week.
Apple Pie Bars
- 2 cans crescent rolls in the refrigerated section
- 2 cans apple pie filling
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Trim parchment paper to fit in the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Spray the parchment paper and sides of pan with nonstick spray.
- Open one can of crescent rolls and put it into the bottom of the pan. Press the seams together with your fingers to seal.
- In a bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle half of the mixture over the crescent rolls in the pan.
- Open the apple pie filling cans and spread them over the crescent rolls in the pan.
- Open the second container of crescent rolls and spread them on top of the apple pie filling.
- Brush the melted butter over the top and then sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top of the crescent roll top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool 20 minutes before serving with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.